Your privacy matters to us.
The Portuguese Professional Football League (LIGA PORTUGAL), a non-profit collective corporation and of public utility, is committed to protecting the users' personal data. Personal data is collected and processed, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection legislation, namely Regulation (EU)2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (hereinafter referred to as RGPD), in rule no. 58/2019 of August 8, 2019 (national implementing law concerning the GDPR), and other applicable legislation.
It is LIGA PORTUGAL and its affiliates' policy to respect the users' preferences regarding the treatment of Personal Data, respecting their privacy, regarding any information that may be collected by LIGA PORTUGAL, and on the websites, we own and/or operate.
This policy is applicable to all information collected from all the LIGA PORTUGAL websites that link or refer to this Policy (such as websites, software applications, social networks and electronic messages), as well as offline or online marketing and sales activities (which are briefly framed as, "Communication Channels").
Some of the definitions and terms used in this document are taken from Articles 4 and 5 of the Regulation (EU)2016/679.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We ask for personal information only when we really need it to provide you with a service or deliver an experience. We do this through fair and legal means, with your prior agreement and consent. We also inform you, why we are collecting the information, and how it will be used.
We only retain the information collected for as long as necessary to provide the requested service or experience. When we store data, we protect it through appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent loss and/or theft as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
The data we collect is used to process your request, manage your account and, if you agree, email you information about other products, services or experiences we think may be of interest to you.
Also, we use the information collected on the websites to customise your next visits.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Under the GDPR, the scope of personal data includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, directly or indirectly, such as name, address, e-mail address, age, marital status, identification number, location data, electronic identifiers, specific physical, genetic, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
WHAT IS A DATA SUBJECT?
The GDPR defines a Data Subject as any natural person who is identified or identifiable, for example, through a name, an identification number, location data, physical or physiological features, etc.
Data subjects have the rights of information, access, rectification, erasure, limitation, portability, objection, no automated processing, and complaint.
The GDPR provides that minors under the age of 16 may not give their consent for data processing in online services (direct offer of information society services to children), but it is at the discretion of each Member State to determine whether young people aged between 13 and 16 may have access to online services.
As the basis for the lawfulness of data processing is consent (Art. 6(1)(a)), Art. 8 of the Regulation stipulates special considerations regarding consent in relation to the offering of services directly to children/minors. Here, it is assumed that the service is offered exclusively to the child; at a distance; has a monetary consideration and is not based on contract, but on consent. To this end, it has been established that processing is only lawful if minors are at least 16 years old.
In the case of children under 13 years of age, the provision of services will be subject to obtaining the consent of the holders of parental responsibilities of the child.
The National RGPD Enforcement Law (Law No. 58/2019 of August 8) provides for a minimum age of 13 years. LIGA PORTUGAL, as the Party Responsible for Treatment, will make appropriate efforts to ascertain the age, and will promote all efforts within its reach to verify if the consent was valid and effectively obtained. Otherwise, data processing will not be possible.
WHAT IS A DATA CONTROLLER?
Under the GDPR the Controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria applicable to its appointment may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
LIGA PORTUGAL is responsible for the processing of personal data at its charge.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not share personal identification information publicly or with third parties except when required by law, or when duly established by contract with defined subcontractors, duly informing the data subjects.
Our websites may have links to external websites, which are not operated by us. You should be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of those sites, and as such, we cannot take responsibility for their privacy policies.
LIGA PORTUGAL recommends you to read the respective privacy policies.
You are free to decline our solicitation of personal information upon the understanding that we may not be able to provide some of the services or experiences you request.
Your continued use of our websites will be deemed acceptance of our privacy and personal information management practices. If you have any questions about how your user data and personal information are handled, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE THE GROUNDS AND PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We would like to be able to send you information about products, services, and experiences from LIGA PORTUGAL or its affiliates, which might be or become of your interest. If you have previously given your consent, you can always opt to unsubscribe. You have the right at any time to decline to be contacted for marketing campaigns by clicking *HERE*.
By subscribing to our newsletter, through the subscription form provided, you agree to receive our e-mails, whose main goal is to send news, information, publications and special discounts on services and products of LIGA PORTUGAL. This subscription is not mandatory and may be cancelled at any time.
LIGA PORTUGAL newsletters may, for statistical purposes, allow to know if they are read and to assess the number of clicks through links within each newsletter.
The user always has the possibility to deactivate the sending of the newsletter *HERE*.
USERS' RIGHTS AND DATA RETENTION PERIODS
LIGA PORTUGAL treats and keeps personal data according to the purposes for which they are collected.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time without compromising the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent previously given. You may also request LIGA PORTUGAL to access your Personal Data, its rectification or erasure, as well as the limitation of the treatment that may be legitimately requested by the user.
You can also object to the processing, exercising your right to data portability, as well as requesting a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like to request a partial or full copy of the information held about your data please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the relevant information.
The personal data necessary for the execution of the contract to which the User is a party, for the fulfilment of the legal obligations to which the Controller is subject to and those necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by LIGA PORTUGAL are not included in the previous point.
Notwithstanding any legal or regulatory provisions to the contrary, personal data shall be kept only for the minimum period of time required for the purposes for which they were collected or further processed, after which they shall be deleted or, should it be in the interest of LIGA PORTUGAL, processed for statistical purposes, anonymised, and it shall not be possible to identify their owner.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
To learn more about cookies, LIGA PORTUGAL recommends reading the information at https://www.allaboutcookies.org
You can prevent cookies from being set by adjusting your browser settings (see Help on your browser to find out how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of our and many other websites you visit. Disabling cookies will generally result in some features and functionality of this website being disabled. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
COOKIES THAT WE SET
- COOKIES RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT
- COOKIES RELATING TO NEWSLETTERS SENT BY E-MAIL This website offers newsletter subscription services by e-mail and cookies may be used to remember whether you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications valid only for subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- ORDERS PROCESSING RELATED COOKIES This website offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages in order for us to process it properly.
- COOKIES RELATED TO FORMS When sending data via a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies can be set to recall user details for future correspondence.
- WEBSITE PREFERENCE COOKIES To provide you with an optimal experience on this website, we have provided functionality to set your preferences for how this website runs when you use it. To remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be brought up whenever interacting with a page that is assigned to your preferences.
- We use Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web, to help us understand how you use our websites and how we can improve your experience. These cookies can track information such as how much time you spend on the websites and the pages you visit, so that we can continue to create content that is of your interest.
For more information about Google Analytics cookies, please see the official Google Analytics page.
- Other analyses carried out through third-party cookies are used to track and measure the use of the LIGA PORTUGAL websites so that we can continue to provide you with engaging content. These cookies can track information such as how much time you spend on the websites and the pages you visit, so that we can continue to create content that is of your interest.
- As we sell products, it is important for us to understand the statistics on how many visitors to our website actually make a purchase and so this is the type of data that cookies will track. This is important for your experience as it means we can make more accurate demand forecasts, which allow us to analyse our advertising and product costs, and so secure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service that we use to deliver ads uses a DoubleClick cookie to deliver more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times a given ad can be shown to you. For more information about Google AdSense, please consult the official Google AdSense Privacy FAQ.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have accessed the website via one of our partners' websites so that we can credit them appropriately and, where applicable, allow our affiliate partners to offer any promotions that may provide you with the opportunity to make a purchase.
In all the situations indicated, we seek to guarantee the rights of the data subjects, and to comply with the rules on the transfer of information, in the latter case limiting the transfer of personal data where required.
The user undertakes to make proper use of the contents and information offered by LIGA PORTUGAL on the websites and with an enunciative but not limitative character:
- Not to engage in activities that are illegal or contrary to good faith and public policy;
- Not to cause damage to the physical (hardware) and logical (software) systems of LIGA PORTUGAL, its suppliers or third parties, to introduce or disseminate computer viruses or any other hardware or software systems that are capable of causing damage previously mentioned.
We hope you may have been clarified, and as mentioned earlier, if there is something you are not sure about whether you need cookies or not, it is generally safer to leave cookies enabled if you interact with one of the features you use on our websites.